
Luke came home from the hospital a day early just as he determined he would. He used his walker for one day, two crutches the next, and 4 days after the surgery, one crutch.
While eating lunch, Luke gasped, "I'm sitting up straight."

That may seem like an ordinary event for you, but the last time Luke was able to sit up straight was when he was 10 right before his hip socket gave out as a result of JRA.
I am so pleased with this darling boy. He is tougher than most people I know. Despite bouts of "feeling sorry for myselfness," he has dealt with a lifetime of pain and surgeries without much complaint.
Oh, as a side note, while recuperating in the hospital, Greg and him found a Lexus and Luke came home to his first car.
Hooray!!! Good for him. And, a Lexus?! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI don't know WHAT that is a picture of...and I'm ok not knowing. :)
Well, it's not a picture of his arm...lol.
DeleteGoodness! You're right about it not being for the faint of heart! Go Luke!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for Luke! I'm glad the surgery was went well!
ReplyDelete