Timeline, deadline, scheduling and things of this nature has been on mind lately. For example, as a teacher, in the beginning of each school year, I submit a yearly calendar with units I plan on teaching. Next, those units are divided further into weekly plans, then daily lesson plans. At the bottom of each of these documents is this statement, "Plans are Subject to Change." I put that there because regardless of what I plan, things change because of weather conditions or school events. If I plan on teaching tennis and there is a wind storm, plans are subject to change. If I plan on teaching yoga in the gym and the school needs the gym for band practice, plans are subject to change.
I don't like change. My students will testify that I stick am pretty strict about sticking to my schedule.
As parents, we also have in our mind certain plans, timeline, deadlines for our kids. I am learning that what we plan for them is subject to change. For example, I would have never planned on Kel coming home for 6 months. Once home, I imagined quickly rushing him to see a doctor and an immediate recovery would happen. I am learning that things do not happen as fast as I would like. He has only seen the counselor once. He has another appointment this week. Kel, too is learning that things do not move as fast as he would like. We are both experiencing a lesson in patience particularly that 6 months is going to take 6 months, not fly by in moments like we had hoped.
I have heard, "man plans, God laughs." and I am almost ready to agree.
Things in my family didn't happen as planned. I have a brother that is not getting married in the temple. I have a sister that does not go to church. It breaks my heart, it keeps me up at night... I cry about it all the time. This was not "the plan." I am having to learn to accept it, and most of all be patient.
ReplyDeleteI know the Lord had his timeline, and things will work out....someday:-)