Not only am I so pleased to have a day off in the middle of the week, I also recognized the importance of this holiday.
My dad is a retired Naval Intelligence Officer.
My uncle was in the Air Force.
My cousin was a sniper in the Marine Corp.
My mother and aunt worked as civilians on base in Saigon, Viet Nam.
I come from a military family. I was taught to respect the flag and those who served in wars. I have taught these same principles to my kids. I was raised to love the United States for the safety and freedom it provided us when we left Viet Nam. I follow the laws of the land and really hate those who don't. There is no better place in all the world.
I couldn't agree more! Have a wonderful Veteran's Day :)
ReplyDeleteWell said!! You rock!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great herritage! It's amazing what people have sacrificed for us. And we forget so quickly!
ReplyDelete