Family

Family
Photographer: Brandi Thomas

Friday, October 30, 2009

High School Reunions


I've come to the conclusion after organizing my 3rd high school reunion (the 10th, 20th, 25th), that you are either a reunion goer or a non goer.

Greg is a non-goer. He wouldn't go to his reunion if he was paid to. He has no interest, he could careless.

I am a reunion go-er. I used to think that I went because I was the organizer. Now, I just plain realize that I really like going to my reunions. The 3 most popular comments that I've heard about high school reunions throughout the years have included:

1. Going to a reunion is like going back to high school.
Response: You can't go back to high school, but you can spend one evening with some old friends and reconnect.

2. Only the popular kids go to reunions.
Response: Maybe so.. but not for my class. One cheerleader was there. That's it. No homecoming king or queen, no prom king or queen, no cheer squad, no dance troop, etc. Those who attended were just small groups of friends who were there to see other small groups of friends.

3. I am self conscious about how I look now.
Response: Get over it! After the 10th reunion, we are all old. By the 25th and from this point on.. we celebrate still being alive.

I am a reunion planner and goer, and proud of it. I graduated with a great group of people who have done wonderful things with their lives. I look forward as the years go by to seeing them again. Next stop, the 30th..


3 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you can plan all that! That is hard work!


    I didn't go to my 10 year reunion cause I was 8 1/2 months pregnant w/ my 3rd baby! AND it was $80.00 PER PERSON! How much did you charge for each person at your reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Hoai My, I totally agree. I already know that I am going to be the reunion goer and Seth is going to be the non-goer. I'm glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I'm excited for mine! I'm worried I may have to plan mine so I'll have to hit you up to get ideas!

    ps- gross hot tub story! that would definetly be worse!

    ReplyDelete