Family

Family
Photographer: Brandi Thomas

Monday, November 16, 2009

Our story

I saw Greg for the first time in Wood Shop class as an 8th grade student. I was placed there in error and he was the student aide. I clearly remember turning bright red when he looked at me and feeling confused as to why I reacted like that. The next week, my schedule was changed and I didn't see him again until my junior year in high school. I was at a pizza place with friends and he was there with his friends. He gave me a ride home and asked me all about my friend Bonnie, who he dated the rest of that year. The third time I saw Greg was the day after his mission. I was home from BYU to see the Temple Groundbreaking. Weaving through the parking lot, we crashed into each other. I asked if he remembered me and he did. The fourth time we saw each other was months later at a Valentines Dance when I came home from BYU for the weekend. We danced one dance. A few months after that, I came home for the summer break from school. My first weekend home, Greg called and asked me out. We were engaged 6 weeks later.. and the rest, is history.

8 comments:

  1. Great recap! I remember throwing up after your reception from all those people who had kissed my hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man did he need a few reminders or what!!?? I love that, I never knew!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool story! Thanks for sharing it w/ us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it was love at 4th or 5th sight!!! As long as he got it right in the end. Great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, why waist time right, that's what I say! 6 weeks , that is plenty of time to get it right! I knew in 15 minutes on my first date I'd marry Bro Fau. YEP 15 MINUTES NOW AS FOR HIM... well I guess you will all just have to wait a little while to ask him huh!!! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEVER let him live down the fact the he gave me a ride home in high school just to pump me for information about Bonnie who became his girlfriend. What can I say, "she was a cheerleader.. and I was in honor society." I really like that Taylor Swift song btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mrs.Winder its Devyn my blog adress is www.divadevyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete