Family

Family
Photographer: Brandi Thomas

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Family Tradition

My niece Cheri just blogged about the topic of traditions, so here's one for us. Scouting. Our family's participation in scouting began when I was called as a Webelos leader when Jesse was 5 years old. Annie Burns was my partner and through her teachings, I learned everything possible about Webelos. From there, I moved around and was a Bear and Wolf leader. Greg and I were also called at one point, to be the cubmasters. Once the boys moved into Boyscouts, Greg took over as the person in charge of helping them navigate through rank advancements and merit badges.
Currently, Greg is the Asst. Scoutmaster which gives him a great opportunity to help Luke with his Eagle project (more details to follow, paper work stage at this point) and Michael with his scouting requirements. Both Jesse and Kel are Eagle scouts.
Here are pictures of the latest court of honor. Michael received his Life and 11 merit badges. Luke received one merit badge (as he is done and awaiting approval for his Eagle project).







3 comments:

  1. That's impressive - 4 boys, all Eagle Scouts (well, almost!). Not looking forward to that with Tyler...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you all. And when you have grandsons, you can sit back, relax, and watch their parents navigate through it all. Or maybe you won't be able to sit still . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, what I have to look forward to! I can't believe how grown up and handsome your boys are now!

    ReplyDelete