I
It began when I realized that the eating binge that began at Thanksgiving, gained speed at Christmas, picked up more steam at Valentines day and was out of control by Easter had consequences, mainly pants that were really snug. (For those who are rolling their eyes because you think I am soooooo skinny and have no room to talk... skinny people yoyo with their weight too)
Anyhow, I began running more regularly and the miles were adding up. I felt so successful until I got on that scale. I tried to be patient with it. I knew it took time. However, despite the hours and miles of running for six weeks, my stupid scale showed NO reduction in weight whatsoever, none! ARGH!
I vented to Greg who had to remind me of something I had always known. Judge my weight by how I felt in my clothes. Of course they were no longer snug.
So at the age of 47, I set myself free and asked Greg (I couldn't do it myself, we had become so close through the years) if he could throw that stupid scale away....and he did!
If you are thinking about ending this abusive relationship you have with your scale and I haven't convinced you, read this.
.jpg)

.jpg)
That does surprise me that you were a scale person! And at 47, you look amazing! Always have! I want to be like you!
ReplyDelete