Family

Family
Photographer: Brandi Thomas

Thursday, November 15, 2012

If You Offend Easily, Don't Read

With the "gift giving" holiday ahead, here are some of my frustrations with the whole thing.
 Receiving:
 1. Say "thank you" when you get a present. Don't tell me it wasn't what you wanted or that you don't need it. Just say THANK YOU. You can throw it away or re-gift and I won't know or be hurt. Telling me it isn't what you wanted is just mean.
 2. If you tell me you don't want or need anything, that's what I'm giving you. Don't pout about it later. I gave you what you wanted.
 3. Don't compare your gift with someone else. This is only ok and somewhat tolerable when you are 2. When you're 22, 32, 42, 52, 62, 72, etc. and you compare, you're just a jerk.

 Giving: 1. Don't tell me to go pick something and send you a bill. Just give me money instead. One is somewhat less personable than the other.
 2. Don't ask me what I want and then tell me to keep it under $20. Just give me a gift card then.
 3. I'm not ten years old. I don't care if you don't give me anything. I would rather you be nice to me all year than give me a gift yearly. There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment