Family

Family
Photographer: Brandi Thomas

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Six Tunnels Half Marathon - Boulder City, Nevada



This was our first half marathon together. Usually, we do 5k and 10k. I've done about 20 halfs and this was Greg's first. We went with our friends Nancy and Ingrid Gubler. I really enjoyed this run because it was mainly on trail; dirt and sand. I know that sounds harder which it is. Additionally, there are tons of hills so you have long stretches of uphill and downhill...so my hips are sore, which they usually are not. Greg prefers to run pavement so this is not going to be among his list of favorites. There was also wind gust throughout the whole run which blew sand in my mouth, eyes, ears, and nose. Nevertheless, I love that I did it. While running the last exhausting mile I kept telling myself, "You can do hard things, you can do hard things, you can do hard things."

5 comments:

  1. I have no desire to ever do a full marathon, but I think a half could be fun. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job winders! Maybe one of these days for me?
    St Patrick would have been proud.....hee hee xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome! I was contemplating doing my first half in June but chickened out and signed up for the 10k. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ran it too. The wind was a real challenge but we loved the course and it's challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! You guys are great examples!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete