Family

Family
Photographer: Brandi Thomas

Friday, March 19, 2010

How Clean Is Clean?

On Sunday, I anticipate having lots of family and friends over to eat, talk, and say good bye to Kel. In preparation for a fun filled day, I started to do some cleaning. While cleaning, I pondered whether Greg and I are "clean and tidy" people. I thought that we must be because aside from working all day, I feel like I am constantly picking up things, mostly not mine. Next I began to ponder, "how clean is clean?" Is it good enough that everything is in its place, the house vacumned, the floors mopped, the furniture dusted, and the windows sparkling? Do I need to wipe the baseboards, put DVDs and CDs in the right cases, declutter drawers, etc. Then it dawned on me that if my family and friends care about how clean my house is while they are getting a free meal, they can just leave, after they clean up after themselves, of course!

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I feel the same way! If they don't think it's clean enough... McDonald's is just down the road:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...good thought! People should just appreciate and not expect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I just love the way you think in general!

    ReplyDelete