Some things about hospitals that you may have forgotten -
1) They are cold! I froze for 2 days. It's hard to remember a jacket when it's 102 degrees outside.
2) Everything takes longer than you are told. Luke's surgery should have taken an hour. He went in to the operating room at 2:30, finished at 5:00 pm. I was debating a meltdown when Dr. Camp came out.
3) There is a lot of sitting around. Next time, I am going to bring a jump rope and burn off some anxiety.
4) Sunrise Hospital has free wi-fi. So forget jumping rope, I will just catch up on TV episodes on Hulu instead. Anything to make time pass quicker.
5) If you have someone staying in the hospital, plan on staying with them. The nurses can not watch all their patients. If Greg hadn't stayed the night with Luke, it would have been pretty unpleasant.
1) They are cold! I froze for 2 days. It's hard to remember a jacket when it's 102 degrees outside.
2) Everything takes longer than you are told. Luke's surgery should have taken an hour. He went in to the operating room at 2:30, finished at 5:00 pm. I was debating a meltdown when Dr. Camp came out.
3) There is a lot of sitting around. Next time, I am going to bring a jump rope and burn off some anxiety.
4) Sunrise Hospital has free wi-fi. So forget jumping rope, I will just catch up on TV episodes on Hulu instead. Anything to make time pass quicker.
5) If you have someone staying in the hospital, plan on staying with them. The nurses can not watch all their patients. If Greg hadn't stayed the night with Luke, it would have been pretty unpleasant.
Waiting for surgery to begin. The IV in the hand is so gross. Luke wasn't very happy about it.
Coming out of surgery
All wrapped up in bandagesFirst steps
Coming Home
First Visitors-Clarissa
Glad to hear it all went well. Now for a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteGlad that he is doing well. I bet you are glad that it is all over!
ReplyDeleteFor someone that just had a major surgery, he looked pretty good. How long is the full recovery going to take?
ReplyDelete