It's been 4 days since we dropped Kel off and I have regrouped. One wouldn't think that a house of 6 would be noticeably quiet with one gone, but it is.
I am recording the day of Kel's MTC dropoff to have a record of it for him.
Kel woke up at 5am. By 5:30 am, he was showered, shaved and dressed in his suit, attempting to wake up his family. By 6am, he left the hotel room to enjoy the free breakfast and warm fireplace in the hotel lobby. By 7am, he resigned himself to the fact that no one was waking up, so he undressed, and went back to bed.
At 10:30 am, I woke him up. At 11am, he was once again ready. He asked for father's blessing before we checked out. After the blessing, we all took a moment with him to say goodbye.
Since he didn't have to report until 1:30pm, Kel asked if we could go buy him a lint brush. He thought his suit looked dirty. We drove to Costco. While Greg got gas, the boys and I walked around Costco looking for a lint brush. We bought a pack of 5 for $9.99. Kel asked for 2, just in case one didn't work. By noon, we were eating lunch at Five Guys Burgers. Kel ordered Cajun fries. Next door is a yogurt shop where we had dessert. Across the street was a Deseret Book where we lingered. Kel picked out a CTR ring and panicked when he realized it was 1:07 pm.
We left and drove first to the temple and asked a mother/daughter walking to take a few pictures for us.
As we pulled up to the MTC, Kel was staring out the window at all the new arrivals. He commented, "what did I get myself into?" I laughed and told him that he "could figure it out with all those missionaries reporting."
As predicted, the drop off was QUICK! As he walked away, I ran to him for one last goodbye. When I started to cry, he told me not to.
After reading that, I am now crying! You must be SO proud! What a wonderful day! Oh, has he written you yet?
ReplyDeletewe had so much fun seeing u guys! hows kel doing? we got his email address and are excited to write and see how he progresses and matures! i bet ur a proud momma. u have great boys.
ReplyDeleteI love how anxious he was! He's going to be great!
ReplyDeleteThat's so sweet. I am sort of dreading that with Trey this year, because I know I'm going to miss him so much. And I can only imagine what I'm going to be like with Preston. He's going to be a great missionary. I can only imagine how proud you are! :)
ReplyDelete