Family

Family
Photographer: Brandi Thomas

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dizzy Brunette

I spent Christmas day suppressing the urget to vomit only to find myself doing the same deed anyway. I was so happy that Greg took over the cooking and remaining festivities so that I could lay in bed, being miserable.

Sunday we found ourselves at Fremont Medical Center with a doctor who told me that I had an inflamed inner ear infection, thus the dizziness and uncontrollable urge to gag. A shot in the buttocks and three prescriptions later, I was home, sleeping.

All this brings me to the memories of being pregnant. I realize that for some amazing women, pregnancy is wonderful. For me, it isn't. I never needed a pregnancy test to tell me the obvious because once my body figured out I was pregnant, I started to throw up. (And yes, I still managed to gain over 40lbs with each pregnancy, go figure.)

Greg asked how I was feeling this morning. I replied, "I feel like I did when I was pregnant." He didn't ask for further clarification. Poor guy.

So as I fight this infection, I am so thankful that I was able to have 4 children despite the absolute misery of pregnancy. As I close this entry, I will confess that I had easy labors, delivery, and recuperation. There is always a silver lining.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, it almost sounded like you were announcing something. :)

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NOOOOOO..... I HAD "THE" SURGERY THIS SUMMER FOLLOWING THE ADVICE OF MY OBGYN REMEMBER? TOO OLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Christmas unless someone is puking. I think it's the law or something.

    ReplyDelete